Search This Blog

facebook

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Living in Hope

Once upon a time there was a girl who looked at the world through depressed, hopeless eyes. Her life was changed when, after much individual counseling, group therapy, lots of reading, and much prayer and support, the depression lifted and she realized she not only had reason to hope, but could LIVE IN HOPE.

This girl, of course, was me. I have decided to write this blog to share the hope I live in. I was depressed from when I was 14 years old until last year-- I CANNOT express what a change having hope has had on my psyche, my physical being, my relationships, my work and my spiritual self. I have realized that THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE. I do not fool myself thinking that I will never have a hopeless moment or times I want to throw the towel in, but I know now I can come through it. I recognize that life continues to have difficulty, but I know now I can navigate it and will be blogging about that. Please join me!




Romans 5:3-5

And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

2 comments:

  1. I commend your bravery in sharing your story with the world. It is very healing but scary too. Congrats on what you have accomplished and in dealing with your depression and coming out on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! All I can say is that I am VERY thankful that I have come out the other side!

    ReplyDelete