Search This Blog

facebook

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Positive Choice Take 2

Hello everyone!

I has been over 3 years since I last blogged on this account. I was unsuccessful at keeping up the blog during my weight loss program. I was successful at the Positive Choice fasting program and lost around 60lbs. I managed to keep it off, but gained weight during IVF and pregnancy. Then (and according to my endocrinologist this is common with women with polycystic ovary syndrome- PCOS- who tend to be insulin resistant) I gained weight while breastfeeding primarily because I ate whatever was around or whatever people brought me when hungry. I was ill prepared for how extremely hungry I would be while breastfeeding a newborn while having an over supply of milk (which meant I was even hungrier as I was burning more calories)  and trying to navigate the exhausting world of new mommy-hood.

Long story short, I decided to go ahead and do the Positive Choice program again. I am doing the weight loss program through the Positive Choice clinic run by Kaiser in San Diego. They have some meetings in San Marcos, so I am attending those. I opted to do the program at this location instead of Orange County as the weight loss programs at Kaiser in Orange County are not the same. This time my goal is to lose around 80 lbs. I want to be about 10 lbs lighter then last time so if I do gain some weight from infertility treatments (not sure if we will go that route however) I will be able to stay at a healthy BMI. 

I know I wasn't very good a blogging last time around (I think I made it about 3 posts????), but when I was preparing for this round, I searched for blogs about people's experience with the Nutrimed supplements I am using (mostly in search of tips and tricks to make it a more flavorful experience) and there really weren't many at all. I am going to attempt to keep this blog up so that in the future if someone is stressing about going on the supplements, not eating solid food for months, etc there is at least one more blog out there to look at.


No comments:

Post a Comment