Search This Blog

facebook

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Review of my first 9 days of nutrimed shakes and soups (Week 2 and beginning of week 3)

The first week of no solid food is over and the results are in! Weigh in was on Tuesday night and I had lost 11 pounds! I am so excited! I know that following weeks will not have as big of a weight drop, but considering that it is about 1/8 or 12.5% towards my goal, I am excited for this start. The average weight loss is 3-5 lbs per week so I am estimating that it may take me 20 more weeks to lose the rest of the weight. If this happens that means I will be about my goal at the end of June.

I am going to recap my first 3 days as those were the most transitory days for me.

Wednesday, January 30 First Day of Shakes

I woke up at 5am and did my bible study, updated my bullet journal, put a load of laundry in; wrote in my prayer journal and then around 7am made my first shake! I made a chocolate shake, but I used hot water and blended it so that it was basically a yummy hot chocolate. I was SUPER hungry all day long, and to make it even more difficult, my 2 year old had been throwing up the night before so instead of a busy day full of distractions as planned, I was faced with an entire day of sitting at home making it hard to avoid eating as I usually do. Needless to say it was difficult and I was HUNGRY. Perhaps the most interesting thing to me was how cold I was by the afternoon! I was so cold that I basically sat on the couch covered in blankets in attempt to stay warm. I had a terrible headache as well and nothing seemed to help. I had 6 shakes instead of 5 to take the edge off of the hunger before bed and made sure to wear warm pajamas that night!



Thursday, January 31, Day 2

On Thursday my morning started the same as Wednesday and I had my shakes. I was nervous because I had MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) that morning and there always in a lovely warm breakfast there and it is one of the few places I usually am pressured into eating even if I don't want to. As I am still fairly new to the group
, I really didn't want to tell them about the diet either. Thankfully, for whatever reason, no one noticed that I wasn't eating so there was no pressure. I did have to have a shake during MOPS, so I made a hot mocha shake beforehand and it totally blended in with all the other coffee thermoses around the table. It was super rainy that day, so that afternoon instead of sitting around trying no to eat, Katya and I went outside to play in puddles. It was so much fun! She also drew this excellent picture of me! The first person I have seen her draw completely independent of anyone else's input. I think it is the most beautiful picture I have ever seen. I had a 6th shake this day as well because I realized right as I was going to bed that I had forgotten to take my second potassium pill and I have to take it with food. Each shake is only100 calories, so an additional shake on occasion doesn't really change much.



Friday, February 1, Day 3


On Friday I realized I was significantly less hungry, had no headache, and had a lot of energy. It was great! I think my body entered ketosis that day and it may have been what made the difference. I made sure to add trackers to my bullet journal to help me stay on top of making sure I get all my shakes, supplements, vitamins, fiber, and potassium. The hardest part of the day is during Katya's nap time when I used to snack while cleaning. I have been staying on top of the cleaning to avoid snacking and I made a bunch of flowers for my cousin's wedding as well as a gift for my friend during her naptime. It was really hard to sit on the couch during movie night with Katya and my hubby. I really wanted to eat the popcorn and Katya kept offering me some.



Since then, it has been fairly easy. I am finding being at home while doing this is harder than it was to be working full time the last time I did the shakes. There is less of a schedule and more wandering into the kitchen for no real reason (as well as many real reasons!). Two times I found I put something in my mouth without even realizing it until I tasted it! I immediately spit it out, but it really revealed to me how much eating I do without even noticing (mostly off the toddler plate leftovers unfortunately!). It has been pretty easy to do the shakes in social situations, but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I have done this before so I don't feel that nervous about it. I have just stated matter of factly that I am not eating and have my shake. Then if asked, I can explain with as many details as I want to.



No comments:

Post a Comment