Search This Blog

facebook

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Spicy Hot Chocolate using Nutrimed Chocolate Meal Replacement Shake

I don't know about you, but I LOVE dark chocolate with chili pepper in it. The dark chocolatey goodness along with the kick of spice is to die for!

In attempt to make this diet have more variety, I have been playing around with a recipe to capture the goodness that is spicy chocolate. Unfortunately, the chocolate shake isn't dark chocolate (that would be SO delicious) but I can still add some flavor to it!

I've played around with different spices and amounts. I initially tried chili but it just didn't taste quite right. I ended up deciding that cayenne pepper is the way to go!

Here's what you need:
Click Here for Printable Version



1. 1 package Nutrimed Chocolate Meal Replacement mix
2. 1/16 tsp Cayenne pepper flakes or powder (I used powder because it was cheaper and came in a large bottle)
3. 1.5 cups of hot water (plus extra for topping off if desired)
4. Dissolvable fiber (optional if you still need fiber for your day)
5. Blender
Apparently a "smidgeon" is about 1/16 tsp

Instructions:

Step 1: Measure out your hot water and pour into blender.
Step 2: Measure out your cayenne pepper and dump into blender.
I actually don't have a 1/16 tsp measuring spoon so I use one we have marked "smidgeon", which when dumped into the 1/8 tsp is about half of it as you can see in the picture. I really recommend measuring the cayenne pepper because it is really easy to shake too much into the water if you simply shake the pepper into the water.
Step 3: Pour in chocolate shake mix and (optional) fiber. 
Be careful when you do this as it is really easy to accidentally spill half the packet on the counter if you aren't careful! Also, only put the fiber in if you need it for your day. While it does thicken up the hot chocolate a little bit, I don't find that it makes enough of a difference in texture to be better with or without the fiber.
Step 4: Blend! 
Topping off my spicy hot chocolate!
I find that when blending with hot water it is important to make sure the blender is sealed up. I use a old Ninja where you place the motor on top of the blender cup. When blending hot water I found that if I press down hard on the motor while blending, it does not smash. If you decided to make this using a blender bottle, you might want to practice shaking up hot water in the blender bottle before you try shaking up hot water with a mix. You can be successful shaking up hot water in a blender bottle, but it takes a bit of practice to make sure it doesn't spray everywhere or explode.
Step 5: Pour into you favorite mug and enjoy!
I like to top it off with some more hot water to fill the cup.

Print Recipe Here

No comments:

Post a Comment