Search This Blog

facebook

Monday, February 25, 2019

Weeks 3, 4, and 5- over 20lbs lost!

As of today I have had 27 days of shakes
Welcome back to my blog the few of you who have checked it out. 😁 I had planned on writing on a weekly basis, but 7 days of toddler illness followed by 4 days of my own illness and then a busy week has made it difficult to get around to blogging.

Now to what you all want to know...how much weight have I lost?

On Tuesday the 12th I had lost another 4.8 lbs for a total of 15.8 lbs in 14 days!

The following Tuesday, the 19th, I had lost another 4.4 lbs for a total of 20.2 lbs lost in 21 days! That's almost a pound a day. I was told that what you lose your 3rd or 4th week on the diet is approximately what you will continue to lose, but that seems too high. We shall see.

My next weigh in is tomorrow/Tuesday night. I am excited that I have already lost 1/4 of the weight I want to lose.

My sick toddler making some animals
I have to tell you, it was HARD not to eat when I was cooped up in the house for so many days with a sick toddler! I did good though- I had all my shakes and nothing more. I decided to do the work in the books that Positive Choice gave me when I felt the urge to eat. It was extremely beneficial. I plan on writing about them more later. I also made a separate bullet journal for my weight loss program so that I could have a place to write notes and do the exercises from my books.

During the second week of shakes, I was SO hungry that I was waking up in the middle of the night because my stomach was growling. On the 12th I spoke with the Nurse Practitioner at my meeting and she suggested I go to taking 6 shakes instead of 5 each day. She said that sometimes people that are taller need to have more Calories to stay in ketosis. (click here if you don't know what ketosis is) So instead of getting 500 Calories a day, I get to have 600 Calories a day. I did this the last time I tried this diet as well and actually later ended up on having to add in lean protein each day too. I'm curious to see if this happens this time or if 6 will continue to be enough. I cannot tell you the difference having 6 shakes a day makes compared to one!

I made "pop hearts" for Valentine's without tasting!
For Valentine's our plans were changed due to illness. I made "Pop Hearts" for Andy and Arya's breakfast and then a ham dinner for the two of them. It smelled yummy, but I didn't even taste! I got beautiful roses from my hubby and a homemade card from both hubby and the toddler. I did miss the dark chocolate candy bar I know I would have received if I were not doing this diet, but all in all, I had a good successful day.

Can you see the exhaustion on my face?
I got to watch Fiddler and relax!
The day after Valentine's day was when I got sick. That was rough! I actually didn't want to eat much at all and was so exhausted and cold. It was pretty awful. I'm pretty sure I just had the adult version of the croup virus Katya had earlier that week. As all SAHM's know, when you are a SAHM and have a toddler, there is basically no rest time for you on a sick day- especially if your toddler feels well and was just cooped up for a week! Thankfully, on Sunday my hubby took Katya to church and the in-laws most of the day so I was able to rest and watch Fiddler on the Roof. That was a lifesaver and even though I was sick on Monday, I was able to enjoy having him home for the holiday.

Can you find the moon?
On the 19th, the topic in class and left me feeling convicted. So this last week I woke up and went on a walk in the 33 degree morning air twice (I live in southern California about 15 minutes from the beach- it hardly ever gets that cold!). It was SO cold! The scenery was beautiful and on the day of the first walk the moon was still out!

I also wrote up one of the recipes I use to make a spicy hot chocolate with my shake mix. If you are reading this blog because you are on the same diet, using the same meal replacement shakes, etc, you can look for the post just before this one and print off the recipe.

Here are some changes I have noticed lately:

1. When I was sick, my body was significantly more fatigued than the virus seemed to warrant. I was extremely tired and the only other sign of illness was a sore throat! I could hardly think straight. In class they said that this is often common when you are in ketosis and on such a low Calorie diet as the body literally does not have the same amount of energy to tend to your illnesses.

2. I always thought I didn't like my clothes because they didn't fit well, but it turns out I didn't like them simply because I don't like them. Not that they fit well I still don't like them.

3. I can fit into jeans I haven't been able to wear for almost a year.

4. I do not seem to have the ketosis energy kick yet-- at some point most people in ketosis get a burst of energy and are known to do things like clean late into the night and have a hard time sleeping, but I am not.

5. I do have ketosis breath! I don't remember having it like this the last time around! Everyone and everything says it will get better soon, in the meantime I am chewing gum and brushing my teeth often!


No comments:

Post a Comment